Lace up your corsets and wind your pocket watches as we head back to the future for Science on the Rocks: Steampunk Soirée.
This adults-only night at Discovery Place celebrates craftsmanship, innovation and steampunk-style artistry.
• Face off your opponent in a round of parasol dueling
• Take aim with jet propulsion beer pong
• Rock your monocles, top hats and corsets in our costume contest
• Strike a pose in our Steampunk photo booth
• Forgot your costume? Create your own steampunk accessories in our Junkyard Challenge
• Get to know your new Victorian alter ego using our Steampunk name generator
• And much more!
Not sure what to wear?
Steampunk is a sub-genre of science fiction that combines art and fashion from the Victorian era, the American Wild West and a post-apocalyptic future. Corsets and bustles are popular for women. Men often wear top hats, vests and jackets. Pocket watches, gears and goggles are popular for everyone.
Tickets: $10 in advance, $12 at the door.
Must be 21 or older. Photo ID required. Bars available throughout Levels 1 and 2.
Check-in will be at Tryon St. Admissions.
Please note: Discovery Place is a weapon-free facility, so please leave your imitation and prop weapons at home for this event.